Now days many business are moving on Internet as internet provides them a platform that they always wished. To get more customers and more sales. This trend is already common in western countries but in India this trend is now catching speed. Till 2010 one has hardly thought that websites will play such a big role in generating sales and leads but now it is uttermost reality. Let me give you all an example of Flipkart.com. Flipkart is Indian eCommerce giant and it directly competes with amazon.com in India. Amazon is very big brand but the way flipkart has managed its customer base is a thing to be appreciated. Flipkart.com domain was registered in the year 2008 and by the year 2011 it has huge impact on Indian online buyers. At present the annual revenue of flipkart is nearly $2 billion which itself says the success story of this website. Many Indian companies since then has started moving their business to online and many of them were quire successful. Now days everyone who owns a business wants to have their website through which they can generate more sales. Everything is fine till now but the point is building a website a technical process and it require lot of knowledge that most of traditional Indian Business man lacks. They want to build their own websites but they lack the required knowledge and then there are many companies that offer website building services but their plans and packages is so high that one postpones their plan to build a website. In this article we would be covering the basics of website design and will provide you the insight of how one can build a website with minimal cost.
As soon as the term “website” is spoken non-techie person thinks that it requires some sort of coding and knowledge that they don’t posses and thus are afraid of going online. To some point I too agree that website building requires coding but if you want a basic website it doesn’t require coding. All a basic website requires is a domain name, a hosting plan and little bit of knowledge that one can get by reading few blogs. Now days there are many CMS (Content Management System) that offers hassle free website building and wordpress is leader of this CMS platform. WordPress is a free and open-source content management system (CMS) based on PHP and MySQL. WordPress is installed on a web server that is either part of an Internet hosting service or a network host in its own right. WordPress is reportedly the most popular website management or blogging system in use on the Web and it supports more than 60 million websites world wide. If you are not interested in spending money required for hosting services then a local computer may be used for single-user testing and learning purposes. WordPress provides a lot of features to its users and there features include a plugin architecture and a template system. WordPress was used by more than 27.5% of the top 10 million websites as of February 2017. There are many more popular CMS like Drupal and Zoomla but in this article we will be focusing more on wordpress and will provide you insights why you should opt for wordpress in beginning.
Advantages of Using WordPress as a Website Building Tool
Till now we have only mentioned the popularity of wordpress in international forum and why it is best to try wordpress prior to going for any comples website development solution. Now lets cover some great advantages that wordpress offers:
- WordPress is easy to install. All you need to do is to download the zip file form wordpress.org website and update it on your cPanel.
- Comparing wordpress to other CMS, installtion process as well as post installation customization process of wordpress is very easy but you won’t find the same with Drupal or Zoomla.
- The wordpress community is one of the biggest community on internet. There are lot of forums and websites that provides simple solutions to complex problems. I have personally visited some of the forums and they are incredible.
- WordPress used the plugin method to enhance the functionality of your websites. Most of the plugins are available for free and it you are very much impressed with the plugin then your can donate to plugin developer.
- WordPress uses child theme and it is very easy to create a child theme. The child theme provides additional functionalities and protects your website from big updates that can change the layout of your website.
- WordPress is basically beneficial for those business that operates in small volume like Taxi Services, Data Entry Services, smaller retail shops and blogs. If you want a big website for your eCommerce store then wordpress can provide you that functionalities but then in that case you need to get more technical information.